We will complete short writings in class most days. The more you write, the better you get at it. The more you write, the better you get at thinking too.
- Journals should follow MLA format except that journals can be single-spaced rather than double-spaced.
- Entries must be completed in blue/black ink. Entries completed in pencil will not be given a grade.
- Write the title and date of the journal in the center of the entry. You can put more than one entry per page but must double-space between entries.
- Do not write on the back of the page. Entries on the back of the page will not be given a grade.
- Journal entries should be five sentences or more per entry. Sentences are noted by end punctuation – make sure to include periods.
- You will be given more questions / prompts than you can complete in the time allotted. You can choose to write on multiple questions or just focus on one for the whole entry.
- Freewrites are open journals: write a reflection on your day/week/semester, journal about friends or work, write song lyrics (include song title & artist), complete stream-of-consciousness writing, etc.
- Here is a PDF of the Weekly Journals assignment.