Lit & Lang 1 & 2
Prep for Borger Quiz over Rules
- Go to mamaborg.wordpress.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page to find links to Borger’s Syllabus & the SHS Student Handbook
- Re-view Borger’s syllabus – pay particular attention to homework, participation grades, late work, etc.
- Click & open the SHS 2015-2016 Student Handbook.
- In the Lit/Lang Notebook you will be using for this class, answer the following questions in blue/black ink. You do not have to copy down the rules word-for-word. You can summarize most of these in your own words.
- Use the table of contents at the beginning of the student handbook as a guide to finding information.
- WORK ON YOUR OWN: THIS IS NOT A COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY. I want to see how well you can follow directions, find information, etc.
- What is the grading scale at Sparta High School?
- What is the rule for being exempt from semester exams?
- How can you become eligible to eat lunch off campus?
- When are you considered tardy to class?
- What are the consequences for being tardy to class (1st time, 2nd time, etc.)?
- How does the handbook define defiance?
- What are the consequences for being defiant (1st time, 2nd time, etc.)?
- How does the handbook define disrespect?
- What are the consequences for being disrespect? (1st time, 2nd time, etc.)?
- When can you have a cell phone in school?
- What are the consequences for breaking cell phone rules?
- How does the handbook define bullying/harassment?
- How does the handbook define sexual harassment?
- What are the five rules regarding the dress code?
- What happens if you forge a pass from a teacher?